Introduction to Cloud Computing
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing refers to the delivery of on-demand computing services over the internet on a pay-as-you-go basis in simpler words rather than managing files and services on a local storage device you’ll be doing the same over the internet in a cost efficient manner.
Cloud Computing has two types of models:
- Deployment Model
- Service Model
There are three types of Deployment Model:
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Imagine you’re traveling to tour you’ve three options to choose from:
- One you have buses which represent public clouds in this case the cloud infrastructure is available for public over the internet. these are owned by cloud service providers.
- Two then you have the option of using your own car this represents the private cloud with private cloud the cloud infrastructure is exclusively operated by a single organization. This can be managed by the organization or a third party cloud providers.
- Finally you have the option to hail a cab this represents the hybrid cloud a hybrid cloud is a combination of the functionalities of both public and private clouds.
Lets have a look at the Service Model:
There are three major service models available:
Compared to on-premise models where you’ll need to manage and maintain every component including applications data virtualization and middleware cloud computing service models are hassle-free.
- IAAS refers to Infrastructure as a Service it is a cloud service model where users get access to basic computing infrastructure they are commonly used by IT administrators if your organization requires recourses like storage or virtual machines IAAS is the model for you. You only have to manage the data runtime middleware applications in the OS while the rest is handled by the cloud providers.
- PAAS are known as Platform as a Service provides cloud platforms and runtime environments for developing testing and managing applications this service model enables users to deploy applications without the need to acquire manage and maintain the related architecture if your organization is need of a platform for creating software applications PAAS is the model for you PAAS only requires you to handle the applications and the data. The rest of the components like runtime middleware Operating systems servers storage and others are handled by the cloud service providers.
- SAAS are known as Software as a Service involves cloud services for hosting and managing your software applications software and hardware requirements are satisfied by the vendors so you don’t have to manage any of those aspects of the solution if you’d rather not worry about the hassles of owning any IT equipment the SAAS Model would be the one to go with SAAS the cloud service provider handles all components of the solutions required by the organization.
Some of the Most popular cloud computing services in the market are:
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Azure (Microsoft)
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
Only registered users can post comments. Please,
login or signup.
Start blogging about your favorite technologies, reach more readers and earn rewards!
Join other developers and claim your FAUN account now!