The DevOps team in my company have prepared boilerplate code about building a basic AWS infrastructure with EKS cluster.
We want to share it for free. We want fellow DevOps specialists to use it as a tool to quickly build an infrastructure for their project.
Advantages of this boilerplate
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): using Terraform, you get an infrastructure that’s smooth and efficient
- State management: Terraform saves the current infrastructure state, so you can review further changes without applying them. Also, state can be stored remotely, so you can work on the infrastructure in a team
- Scalability and flexibility: the infrastructure built based on this boilerplate can be expanded and updated anytime
- Comprehensiveness: you get scaling and monitoring instruments along with the basic infrastructure. You don’t need to manually modify anything in the infrastructure; you can simply make changes in Terraform as needed and deploy them to AWS and Kubernetes
- Control over resources: the IaC approach makes the infrastructure more observable and prevents waste of resources
- Clear documentation: your Terraform code effectively becomes your project documentation. It means that you can add new members to the team, and it won’t take them too much time to figure out how the infrastructure works
- It’s free: we’re happy to share the results of our work.
Only registered users can post comments. Please,
login or signup.
Start blogging about your favorite technologies and get more readers
Join other developers and claim your FAUN account now!